Untitled Slush -

The stuff in the bottom of your blue icee before it melts. _-The Lesbian Writers Guild at UCSD-_

Saturday, March 04, 2006

And that's when I knew...



I didn't feel like I had to sneak around the office, showing up late. I actually felt pretty confident, I didn't feel I had done something wrong, and when I went into my boss's office, she basically told me that I can make her look like an idiot. Hurray, I win. Point, Adry. Prologue: a mouthful of honey cured ham sandwich struggles to undergo complete chewing because a black man wearing a fanny pack, bike shorts, button shirt with a banana in the pocket, and sunglasses, was riding one of those miniature bikes. This was on the sidewalk on 7th Avenue, right outside the Quizno's on B. I didn't want him to see me laughing so I just covered my face. But, I knew at this moment, it'd be a bizarro-day. How many times can you fall in love? How many times can you feel like it's your first kiss, and have every time you play the cd through, feel like it's the first time? When does life throw a curve ball that lands in the parking lot? I didn't even feel the recoil on that one. I am not a void, and I feel grounded again. I know I trust life, and am looking forward to the things it plants in my stride. Maybe life is a motorcycle, upright and open, agile and dangerous. Maybe life is more like a evening fog, enticing and mysterious, soft and docile. I cannot believe how great it is to be quantified and evaluated positively, and I will always remember the bright yellow banana.

2 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

"I can’t believe it feels just like I’m falling for the first time..." - BNL

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Meg said...

i can't believe i haven't thrown up yet.


haha just kidding!


and not to slip on your banana or anything, it was 7th. 7th and B.

and what about the american flag fanny pack?

i'm officially getting scared for when adry quits. i wonder what the spike in my internet use will be like when you leave - sharp pencil tip or flag pole?
save me.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home